UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS AT LITTLE ROCK
2801 S University Ave, Little Rock, AR 72204, Hoa Kỳ
Điện thoại: +1 501-569-3000
I- Giới thiệu chung về trường:
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UA Little Rock, tên trước đây là UALR) là đại học công lập được thành lập năm 1927.
Trường có hơn 1.850 nhân viên (trong đó có 470 giảng viên làm việc toàn thời gian) và nằm ngay tại khu trung tâm của thành phố Little Rock, bang Arkansas.
Mỗi năm trường tuyển sinh gần 12.000 sinh viên.
Trường có 50 tòa nhà nằm trên diện tích 250 acre có trồng cây.
Located on 250 acres, the UALR campus encompasses more than 56 buildings, including the Center for Nanotechnology Integrative Sciences, the Emerging Analytics Center, and the Sequoyah Research Center, and the Ottenheimer Library Additionally, UALR houses special learning facilities that include a learning resource center, art galleries, KUAR public radio station, University Television, cyber café, speech and hearing clinic, and a campus-wide wireless network.
II- Các chương trình giảng dạy:
Trường giảng dạy hơn 100 chương trình đại học và hơn 60 chương trình sau đại học (bao gồm graduate certificates, master’s degrees, and doctorates, through both traditional và online courses).
III- Chi phí (2017-2018):
a- Học phí và các phí khác (học đại học):
These tuition and fees are effective for the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters and are subject to change by the Board of Trustees.
|Average Tuition and Fees*||
|Room and Board**||
|Books and Supplies (est.)||
* Tuition and fees are estimated on 15 hours per semester.
** Room and Board is based on East Hall double occupancy and $1,000 in Dining Dollars. Specific Room and Board information can be found on the Office of Student Housing website.
b- Học phí và các phí khác (học sau đại học):
|Health Services Fee||
|Technology Infrastructure Fee||
|UA System Infrastructure||
|College of CALS Technology Fee||
|College of Business Administration Technology Fee||$10.00/hour|
|College of CEHP Technology Fee||
|College of EIT Technology Fee||
|College of CSSC Technology Fee||
|Distance Ed Technology Fee||
|Audiology & Speech Pathology Practicum Fee||
|Art Studio Materials Fee||
|Performing Arts Production Fee||
|Graduation Fee (doctoral only)||
|ID (campus card) Replacement||
|Private Music Fee – 1 hour course||
|Private Music Fee – 2 hour course||
|Private Music Fee – 3 hour course||
|Installment Payment Plan||
|International Student Service Fee||
|Admission Application Fee||
|Public Safety Fee||
|Late Payment Fee||
|Late Registration Fee||
IV- Một số xếp hạng của trường:
Xếp hạng theo U.S. News & World Report: 207–270
Xếp hạng theo Washington Monthly: 76
University of Arkansas—Little Rock’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, Tier 2.
#231-#300 in National Universities
#183 (tie) in Business Programs
#177 (tie) in Engineering Programs (doctorate)
UA Little Rock was the first Arkansas university recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for the elective classification as a Community Engaged institution.
U.S. News and World Report has recognized the William H. Bowen School of Law’s legal writing program as one of the nation’s Top 10, the College of Business among the top tier business schools in the country, and the George W. Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology’s systems engineering program as one of the best in the South.
UA Little Rock nursing students have the advantage of one of the country’s top state-of-the-art simulation hospital, known as SimCare. It’s a 22-bed, high fidelity hospital, training students in all areas of care as they work with interactive manikins that simulate a variety of medical-surgical scenarios.
Applied Design, a UA Little Rock program to study contemporary studio craft such as ceramics, metalsmithing and jewelry, and furniture design and woodworking is the only degree program of its kind in the state and one of a very few accredited programs in this specialty.
The UA Little Rock Department of Criminal Justice houses the largest criminal justice program in the state and offers the only Ph.D. criminal justice program in Arkansas. The department’s Senior Justice Center is one of only a few student intern programs in the country that directly addresses crime against the elderly.
V- Các địa điểm giảng dạy của trường:
Trường có 6 college và 1 law school:
– College of Arts, Letters and Sciences.
– College of Business.
– College of Education and Health Professions.
– George W. Donaghey College of Engineering and Information Technology.
– College of Social Sciences and Communication.
– William H. Bowen School of Law.
VI- Một số tiện nghi nổi bật của trường:
– Residence hall nằm ở phía Đông của khuôn viên trường.
– University Village Apartment Complex nằm ở phía Tây Nam.
– Thư viện của trường được thiết kế để có thể học nhóm 3-6 sinh viên (2 hour periods during night and weekend library hours).
Nguồn tài liệu của trường có thể được truy cập ngay chỗ hoặc từ xa qua máy tính.
– Có 14 đội thể thao:
Men’s and Women’s Basketball
Men’s and Women’s Golf
Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
Men’s and Women’s Track and Field (Indoor and Outdoor)
– Office of International Student Services (OISS)
– Six learning communities focusing on criminal justice, arts and culture, majors and careers, future business innovators, nursing careers, and STEM are available to students.
– Four residence halls and university apartments.
– Jack T. Stephens Center basketball arena.
– Central Arkansas’s only Olympic-sized swimming pool.
– Coleman Sports Recreation complex.
VII- Điều kiện tuyển sinh về tiếng Anh:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 525 (paper‐based) / 197 (computer‐based) / 71 (iBT)
Lưu ý: Các chứng chỉ tiếng Anh này chỉ có giá trị trong 2 năm kể từ khi có kết quả thi.
Applicants seeking regular admission whose native language is not English must submit minimum satisfactory scores on one of the following standardized tests. No other measures of English proficiency are accepted by the University of Arkansas for the purpose of gaining admission.
English Proficiency Test
The test must have been taken within two years immediately preceding the requested semester of admission and be valid at the time of enrollment.
Information concerning location, dates
|PTE-A Pearson Test of English-Academic||
VIII- Các kỳ tuyển sinh và những ngày cần lưu ý:
a- Bậc đại học:
– November 15, 2017: Spring 2018 International Student undergraduate admission application and credential deadline
– December 1, 2017: Fall 2018 Priority scholarship deadline
– January 8, 2018: Spring 2018 Undergraduate admission application deadline
– January 9, 2018:
Spring 2018 Credential Deadline
Spring 2018 Admissions decision appeal deadline
– January 12, 2018: Spring 2018 deadline to declare major in online campus
– January 15, 2018: Spring 2018 Regular registration closes at 5 pm
– January 16, 2018: Spring 2018 Classes begin
– January 22, 2018:
Spring 2018 Late Registration closes at 4 pm
Spring 2018 Payment due by 5 pm
– January 30, 2018: Spring 2018 Deadline to submit a residency appeal (including military residency appeals)
b- Bậc sau đại học:
Hạn chót nộp đơn:
– Fall applications: June 1.
– Spring applications: October 1.
– Summer applications: March 1.
* Yêu cầu về trình độ tiếng Anh:
On the TOEFL, master’s or educational specialist applicants must achieve a score of 525 on the paper-based test, 197 on the computer-based version, or 71 on the Internet-based version.
Doctoral applicants must achieve a score of 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based version, or 79 on the Internet-based version.
On the IELTS, all applicants must make at least a 6.5.
IX- Website của trường: